September 3, 2010

Professional Conferencer

I have been working for the Utah County Health Department for the last 4 months, and have gotten to go to 4 conferences. It is, by far, my favorite part about the job. Nice hotels, great food, and the feeling of being in school again, just without the homework. This last week I went to Denver, and it was the best trip yet, because Sam got to come with me. We had so much fun together. We spent the evenings downtown going out to eat, going to a Rockies game, avoiding eye contact with freaky people on the bus, and watching The Office late at night in our hotel room.
I can check one thing off of my bucket list. I did something I have ALWAYS wanted to do on the final day of our conference. They were drawing raffle tickets for prizes, and kept calling and calling people but no one that they were calling was there to claim it. So when they announced, "Kelly ..." I gave a big holler, my table cheered for me, and I ran up and claimed my prize. Woo hoo! Never mind the fact that as I walked back to my table with my prize, a nosy man noticed my name tag didn't exactly match.

7 comments:

larainydays said...

You are so brave Melissa! Who knew we both had the same secret desire? Denver looked like a blast.

Rich'n'Rach said...

CLASSIC! its Kelly's own fault. You go girl ha!

mmm... said...

melissa, you are so funny! i love that you claimed the unclaimed prize. :) so i wish we came to see you in denver! we are an hour from denver! but i will be in utah again soon and then we can get together. (i wanted to this last trip, but didn't have time to plan it. but next time! glad you're doing so well. and btw you look beautiful! i love your hair!)

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! At least it was a nosy man who was questioning you and not Kelly herself. :)

Spencer & Rachel Coleman said...

It was so fun to see you guys a couple weeks ago! You guys are the most adventurous couple!

Anonymous said...

Okay Melissa... if that is one of the items on your "bucket list" I would love to see that list! Lol... You go girl!

R A C H A E L said...

I LOVE Denver. Or Colorado for that matter.

I laughed so hard at the raffle thing. So funny.

 

Copyright (c) 2009 Sam and Melissa. All rights reserved. Design by NodeThirtyThree + Free CSS Templates. Bloggerized by Free Blogger Template.