April 25, 2010

I did it!!!

I can't believe it - my cleanse is complete. After every medicine and procedure I have tried not working, Sam and I decided to go the natural route for my infertility problems. I found a doctor in Park City that specializes in that, and when she suggested starting out with a cleanse, I didn't think twice. After gagging down my first of many, many shakes and absolutely starving that first day, I did not think I would survive. Three weeks later, and 10 pounds lighter, I am finished, after eating only vegetables, fruit, potatoes, rice, and the grossest shakes you have ever tasted. Imagine drinking mold. A big glass of mold, three times a day. Not even joking. The weird part is, I kind of got used to it. Not the shakes, but the food. Fruit and vegetables actually make great snacks, who would have thought. Not that I don't have my list of every single restaurant and kind of junk food I am planning to dive into... Cheesecake Factory being #1. Doesn't my doctor know I have fine tuned my body to run on chocolate and Mexican food?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats melissa! man, 10 lbs lighter?! you?! goodness what a diet! anyways, i am super proud of you! i bet that was ridiculously difficult! congrats congrats! good luck with everything else! you are awesome!

Aynna banahna said...

Didn't know you had fertility problems, but I hope this works! You guys would have the sweetest babies!

larainydays said...

I don't think you had anything to "clean" but I'm glad you survived. Ten pounds! You didn't have that to lose.

Rich'n'Rach said...

that's why you're going to be the best mom in the world - complete dedication!

Brooke said...

Way to stick it out, must have been an awful month with the mold drink....don't blow away in the wind now!!!

Brittany said...

Go Meliss! I am so glad you can eat normal food! It was so sad to see you forcing those shakes down when I visited! Even the smell made me gag! you go girlfrieennddd. -love britt

chelsea mckell said...

I've always wanted to do a cleanse, and I think I will someday. I just don't know if I'd have the self discipline to stick it out. But I've heard it makes you feel amazing at the end (but that the first couple days are torture!) Way to go! Now go get those 10 lbs back on you!

R A C H A E L said...

wow- where did the ten pounds come from?

I am praying for you guys, you will make amazing parents.

 

Copyright (c) 2009 Sam and Melissa. All rights reserved. Design by NodeThirtyThree + Free CSS Templates. Bloggerized by Free Blogger Template.