April 3, 2010

Babies, everywhere.

Provo is a hard place to live when you want a baby badly but can't have one. Pregnant ladies and babies are everywhere. And I mean everywhere. Babies at church, babies at the mall, babies in strollers, babies in the grocery store, babies everywhere with huge, flower headbands.
This last year has been filled with lots of injections, pills, more injections, and lots of uncomfortable procedures, all in hopes of having one of our own.
The strange thing is, even with all the doctors telling us no, we both just know it's going to happen. Probably not soon, but someday.
For one of the first times in my life I have felt direct whisperings from my Heavenly Father telling me,
"It's going to be ok. It's going to end up a better ending than you could dream up on your own."
I trust that feeling. I trust the God has a plan for each of us, a plan greater than we could ever create by ourselves. I consider it a tender mercy, from my Heavenly Father, to feel this way when so much else is telling me not to. I love the following film. Watch it, you will too.

6 comments:

Tami said...

I'm so glad you are being quiet enough to hear the promptings and are willing to be patient.
It will all be good and when the time comes you and Sam will be wonderful parents.

Brooke said...

Love you Melissa....I can't imagine how hard it is to wait but I just know you will be able to get pregnant and have sweet babies of your own! Provo is full of babies, that would be hard!!

David and Melissa said...

Hang in there, Melissa! You will be so blessed for the way that you handle this trial in your life!

ally said...

It will be okay Melissa. Like it said in conference, "the end will be better than the beginning."

larainydays said...

I loved reading this Melissa. I'm so glad you are feeling comfort and peace. I know all things are working together for your good. Love you.

chelsea mckell said...

I feel like such a bad friend - I didn't even know til just now that you were having issues like this! I can relate. We lived in Provo for a couple years and I had a tough time conceiving. I think I've told you about it - if not, call me - I bet we've been through a lot of the same pills and "uncomfortable procedures" and all that crap :) It sounds like you have such a good attitude about it though.

 

Copyright (c) 2009 Sam and Melissa. All rights reserved. Design by NodeThirtyThree + Free CSS Templates. Bloggerized by Free Blogger Template.