July 27, 2009

i could get used to this.

The 24th of July is big stuff here in Ogden. We went to the final night of the rodeo with Dave and Melissa, and it was AWESOME. My days of going to the Flake Rodeos didn't prepare me for this. My idea of a rodeo was my uncles racing on horses to pick up watermelons and eggs from opposite sides of the arena. Not that that isn't fun, it's just a different kind of rodeo. This was the real thing, buckin' bulls and buckin' stallions all night long. And motocross kids doing backflips off 30 foot jumps to finish the night off. And fireworks when it got dark. And the announcer making fun of Obama throughout the night. And plenty of very, very patritoic people. It was refreshing. It made me realize that Utah is a pretty great place. I miss my family and I hate the cold, but I love so many things about this place. Like how it is full of so many, many good people. And summers are amazing. And the grocery stores have people playing organs at accordians for you while you shop. I don't know where we'll be after Sam graduates, but if it is here in Utah I am ok with that.

3 comments:

Erika Ann said...

yeah i would love to have her choreograph for me! yea we're back because I had to start school on monday..:( im sad but also happy to be home

Melanie said...

Melissa! I'm so happy to find you! Chelsea so kindly pointed me in the right direction! COngrats on the marriage! I hope you're loving every minute of it, and from the looks of your blog i have my answer! Your hawaii pics are making me homesick! I really miss you and have thought about you ever since we parted. Larry and I are living in Mesa and life is wonderful. We have three little cherubs that fill our days with laughter and fun. The third, Noah is just 2 months old and he's hungry so I better run, but hope to read more later. check us out: reeves-family.blogspot

you inspire me. from the way you write your posts you sound just as kind optimistic and full of life as ever!

David and Melissa said...

Yeah! Ogden ROCKS!!! We had a ton of fun with you guys and we're glad you enjoyed it. Just a plug for Ogden, there's so much stuff to do. Farmer's market, free outdoor movies in the park, 50 cent tacos on Washington. We've got it all!

 

Copyright (c) 2009 Sam and Melissa. All rights reserved. Design by NodeThirtyThree + Free CSS Templates. Bloggerized by Free Blogger Template.