July 5, 2009

coach k and sister k. genuinely good people.

I spent four years running for Coach K. Things I love about him: -He spoke to us in Hawaiian even though none of us understood it. -He started each practice with prayer. -He always made sure we noticed the rainbows. -He loved Denny's, and he loved buffets. On our trips we ate almost every meal at one or the other. -He dressed up for practice on Halloween as a thug. Imagine a 70 year old, dressed like a thug. -He cared more about he we were doing spiritually than how fast we ran. Every time I go back to Hawaii, I visit Coach K and Sister K. I don't think I have ever left their house without an armful of goods.

2 comments:

chelsea mckell said...

AWWWWWW!!!

Unknown said...

What a tribute -- I'm glad you had such an amazing coach all through college.

 

Copyright (c) 2009 Sam and Melissa. All rights reserved. Design by NodeThirtyThree + Free CSS Templates. Bloggerized by Free Blogger Template.