May 29, 2009

good bye, kayak

Memorial weekend Sam and I went Kayaking down the river with Todd and Lacey. Why would we go when it was cold, raining, and the water felt like ice? I don't know. Maybe because we had a brand new kayak and were very excited to try it out. It was freezing, but it was tons of fun, up until the last little stretch. We saw the water getting pretty crazy as we approached some huge pillars, and before we knew it we were crashing right into one of them. We were tossed out of the kayak and going down stream before we knew it, into icy, icy water. I, of course, thought i was going to die and panicked. Sam pulled me to the side and we ran back to see our brand new kayak, totally destroyed. The even bigger problem was that our brand new camera (thanks to me stepping on our last one), was in our kayak when we flipped. Luckily we had just bought a water proof case, and even more luckily, Sam was able to run upstream, swim to the kayak, and find our camera underwater, just barely hanging by a piece of the broken kayak.

5 comments:

Janna said...

Glad you guys are okay! Sorry about the Kayak, but Aaron got a good laugh. He thought it looked like fun I guess.

Rich and Nicole said...

melissa! I'm so sorry! but that is just another crazy fun story to add to your life!!!

Brooke said...

That's so sad....but it sure makes me laugh!! You guys have the funniest things happen to you!! Miss you and hope you're having a fun last few days in Hawaii!!

Richardson said...

I've been wondering what you've been up to for awhile and I finally found your blog on Nicole's blog. How ya been?

chelsea mckell said...

You two attract crazy stories like PB attracts ants in HI.

 

Copyright (c) 2009 Sam and Melissa. All rights reserved. Design by NodeThirtyThree + Free CSS Templates. Bloggerized by Free Blogger Template.