May 8, 2009

I am tired.

Yesterday was crazy.

4th grade PE all morning.
Kindergarten Field Day all afternoon. I think it's funny that I used to think I would enjoy teaching Kindergarten. Forget about it. I have never been so exhausted as I was after an afternoon of kindergartners.
It was during the "parachuting" that I stepped on my camera and broke my LCD screen. It makes me feel sick. Our relatively new (2 year old) camera gone. Granted you can take pictures looking through the little hole but you can't really tell what you are looking at. Which is how the rest of the pictures were taken.
And lastly, our very own, very intense, World Cup Soccer Game! Every other month we have to host a "Family Night" for all of the YMCA families. This one was so fun. Most of the families came to watch and cheered on all the players from the sidelines. And no one got hurt, which is always a plus.
A few of our very-spirited cheerleaders. They never stopped, I was very impressed. Team Rio Madrid, who unfortunately lost in the shoot-out. We had to have a shoot-out because no goals were actually scored in the game. Not because our players are untalented, just because our goalies are that good :) Team Blue Sharks. Dangerous. The players in action. The round building in the background is our school, Dee Elementary. Yes, it is a circle. There are no classrooms, just a bunch of open space divided by flimsy dividers that the kids stick their heads through the whole day. I guess this school was an "experimental design". Apparently it didn't catch on.

4 comments:

chelsea mckell said...

wow.... I didn't realize what you go through everyday! I can't picture you having to keep all those crazy kids in line...being the disciplinarian.... seriously, I could never do what you do. Unless I had a tazer and was allowed to use it.

R A C H A E L said...

How fun? I know Zoey would have loved being there!!

Brooke said...

Whoever came up with that concept was not thinking, and had never been in a normal school - crazy! You make me laugh :o)

Those kids are so lucky to have you!!

Brittany said...

those kids are so cute! That does look so hard! Sad about your camera!

 

Copyright (c) 2009 Sam and Melissa. All rights reserved. Design by NodeThirtyThree + Free CSS Templates. Bloggerized by Free Blogger Template.