January 13, 2010

Looking Back...

Has ten years really passed from the year 2000? I really can't believe it. I am going to follow my friend, Jessica, and reflect on the past decade...
  • New Year's Eve, 1999. 16 years old. Party at my house, and the boys turned off my next door neighbor's power. Turns out he worked for a hospital, and was working when the power went out. He had a bunch of equipment he had to reboot and my parents heard about it in no time (thanks for reminding me about that, Jessica!). The "cops" called and Jason was the only one who would talk to them, and tried to explain we were just drinking Martinelli's.
  • Got accepted to BYU. Made all housing plans, and at the last minute canceled them, booked a flight to Hawaii, and went to BYU Hawaii instead. One of the best decisions of my life.
  • Ran cross country for BYU Hawaii. I never hurt so bad as the first week back each season. Many of my best friends came from that team. Red eye flights, doing everything but studying at the hotels, and running more than I ever thought I could.
  • I met Sam. Went to the beach daily, studied on the beach while he surfed (aka watched him with an open book in front of me), Friday night dates in Waikiki, and fell in love.
  • Sam left for his mission in Brazil. Never knew I could miss someone so bad.
  • My sister, Ashley, joined me at BYU Hawaii. We were joined at the hip. Having family there made that place complete. Never did homework, always at the beach, worked in the cafeteria, learned to surf, never laughed so much.
  • Graduated from BYU Hawaii. Sam came home, and it felt like he had never left. So happy to be back with him, waiting for him to propose, missed Hawaii so much, time to move onto new things.
  • Got MARRIED to Sam. Moved to Utah for Sam to finish school. Sam graduated. Realize more and more everyday what an amazing person he is, and how lucky I am to be married to him.
  • Sam graduated, got a job, and welcome to real life!
While it's hard to see it while it's happening, it's easy to see how Heavenly Father has guided me every step of the way throughout each year. Can't wait to see what the next decade holds for us!

2 comments:

mmm... said...

i love this post. such good times. i should do a recap on my past decade. it is crazy how much has happened. good times. loved hawaii.

dianedwyer said...

Sam & Melissa,
Glad you two are together again. I read your blog and fully understand Melissa. Scott is gone for 7 months out of the year coaching baseball for the Detroit Tigers on the East Coast while I am here in Cali.
It gets lonely and sad without him. Of course I fly out and see him as often as I can but Spring Training is a pretty busy time so I go a month or so without seeing him.
Kate & I would love to come see you guys and spend time with you, it's been way to long.
Love ya!
Diane

 

Copyright (c) 2009 Sam and Melissa. All rights reserved. Design by NodeThirtyThree + Free CSS Templates. Bloggerized by Free Blogger Template.