January 13, 2009

Our Short California Trip

For Christmas this year Sam and I decided we wanted to take a little vacation rather than buy gifts. So the week after Christmas we headed over to Califonia and went to Disneyland, Huntington Beach, and Six Flags. Tim and Lindsey watched Matt and Jill's kids so they came with us. It was a blast. A couple of highlights: -We shard a room with Matt and Jill at the Marriott that inclided breakfast. We went down expecting donuts but they had the biggest breakfast feast you ahve ever seen, along with a chef that was there to cook up whatever you wanted. We (ok, maybe just me) would get so excited to go to bed so we could wake up to the amazing breakfast. My favorite: Shrimp Omelete. -Disneyland was CRAZY! There were so many people you could barely walk. There were lines to get OFF of the rides! But somehow we worked it right with fast passes and riding the big rides during parades and we never had to wait long. Even though it was so crowded, it was still so much fun and still felt like the happiest place on Earth :) -Tuesday we went to Huntington beach and Sam skim boarded while I walked in the water and searched for sea shells. It felt SO good to be back at the ocean. My Uncle Don has a house right around the corner from the pier so we went to dinner with them and spent the night at their house. -We met up with Matt and Jill again at Six Flags and had the funnest day ever. Those rides are a blast. Our favorite was the Tatsu, where they lay you down and you face the ground during the entire rollar coaster. It feels like you are flying! At midnight we headed over to Sam's aunt and uncle's house in Tehachapi where we visited, spent the night, and then headed back home the next day.
Matt, Jill, Me, and Sam at the Six Flags New Year's Eve Party
Jill and I at Disneyland!
Me trying to pretend that I like this ride!
Sam and I with the millions of other people who decided to go during Christmas break!
Uncle Jeff and Aunt Tammy

1 comments:

Brittany said...

Melissa, I have to admit I didn't have much faith in you about updating you blog, but you proved me wrong lol I am prob not going to Idaho to many potatoes

 

Copyright (c) 2009 Sam and Melissa. All rights reserved. Design by NodeThirtyThree + Free CSS Templates. Bloggerized by Free Blogger Template.