February 3, 2012

The Big 3-0

I couldn't not post this picture from 10 years ago, when Sam was 20. Oh, baby! Sam turned 30 on Sunday. We went out to Cheesecake Factory the night before, and then he had quite the exciting birthday between early morning meetings, church, and home teaching :) We did manage to get away to North Shore for a few hours to pick up Ashley and have dinner with JJ and Ahu's family, as well as Kawika and Pua's family. Sam first moved to Hawaii with Kawika, and they stayed with JJ for a few weeks while they found an apartment. Nine years and a lot of kids later, and we still are able to all get together.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sam!

Emily Creason said...

Awe the wavy hair makes me think of the 90's. It's awesome. lol I miss you guys!! Happy Birthday Sam!!

chelsea mckell said...

So when I first saw the 20 yr old picture, I was scared... I thought you guys had moved to Hawaii and moved back in time to where those style jeans were popular. WHEW!
:)
Happy birthday Sam! You're about 3 months older than my husband, and luckier, because my blog post when Brian hits 3-0 will definitely be called "OLD MAN BIRTHDAY!"
:)

Rich'n'Rach said...

looking good, mr. bates! happy birthday, buddy!

Janna said...

Aaron didn't even recognize you Sam! And now he can't stop laughing! He is just jealous of the hair:)

 

Copyright (c) 2009 Sam and Melissa. All rights reserved. Design by NodeThirtyThree + Free CSS Templates. Bloggerized by Free Blogger Template.