February 19, 2011

Home

We made it! Our stuff finally arrived, and now it is starting to feel like home. Boy is it nice to sleep on a bed again! I can't get enough of this perfect weather. It still feels crazy to be able to go on walks at night when Sam gets through with his studying, and have it be breezy and 75 degrees at 11 pm. Sam has been busier than ever studying for his financial adviser exams, putting in about 14 hours every day, but we still find time to make it to the beach here and there. It is a weird feeling living here in Mililani where we are 20 minutes from the ocean, as before we literally lived right on the beach. We both hope to move closer to north shore in a few years, but for now it is all work and a little play, which is an adjustment after it having been having all play with a little work last time we lived here. However, it is still HAWAII, and we are so thankful to be living in such a beautiful place.

10 comments:

red_dwarf said...

I'm so happy for you guys! It would be amazing to call Hawaii home. Keep the awesome pictures coming!!

Brittany said...

these pictures make me miss Hawaii so much! You are so lucky to be able to live there!! I miss you though!

chelsea mckell said...

wow.... WOW - you really LIVE there! YOU LIVE IN HAWAII!! ugh. Let's trade places every other week :) I wanna hear more! Have you gone to see Coach? The temple renovations? What's your apt like? DETAILS YAH?!!

larainydays said...

I'm glad you got your stuff so you can blog again. I hope Sam does well on his exams...school all over again huh?

mmm... said...

I've been waiting for this post! So happy you're there and settling in! Oh how I am jealous of you! :) It sounds like things are awesome! Tell Sam good luck with everything! He'll do great! And enjoy the beach for me! :) Until I come visit!

Rich'n'Rach said...

FINALLY! we've been dying to hear & see how you guys are doing, so thanks for the update. Glad you're doing well - I'm sure Richard wishes he and Sam could be study buddies again :) are you taking blog requests? If so, I'd love to see pics of your house!

Jenna Burningham, OTR/L said...

Hooray! Melissa I cant believe you LIVE in Hawaii. Not as a student but you really live there. Do you get jealous of yourself? :)
Let me know when your up to visitors. Im dying to go back.

David and Melissa said...

Good grief, we're so happy to know that you are doing well and you found a place to live. Two days ago David said, "I want to write Sam a letter to tell him how much I miss him." We are thinking of you a lot. And jealous of you a lot...

Brian and Jessica said...

So happy you got all your stuff! I've been waiting to hear from you!! I'll echo everyone else, I can't believe you LIVE in Hawaii!! You're so lucky! Ü Keep the posts coming, you're making me jealous!! Love ya!

Unknown said...

So the other day Rosie, Jody, and I were at a YMCA training and discussed how much we missed you being our site manager! We are all at different sites now and really miss how well our staff worked together! We miss you! But I'm sure Hawaii is much better than Dee anyday...

 

Copyright (c) 2009 Sam and Melissa. All rights reserved. Design by NodeThirtyThree + Free CSS Templates. Bloggerized by Free Blogger Template.