December 2, 2010

Update

With so many friends and family praying for us during my fertility treatment, I figure I had better give an update... I am sorry to say that things did not go as we hoped. Normally it takes about 10 days of shots to get the eggs nice and ready (that sounds really weird). Well, it took me almost 30 days, which was very unusual (most doctors won't continue the shots for longer than 2 weeks). This meant a whole lot of injections and ultra sounds, which wasn't the best for my body or my wallet :) After a month I was finally ready, so they went ahead and did the insemination. After a couple of weeks of waiting, I could have sworn I was pregnant. I was feeling queasy in the mornings and was very bloated. When I went in for my ultrasound, it turned out I was not pregnant but had plenty of giant cysts - a reaction from having so many shots. We were ready to try again, but my doctor said it would not be safe to continue the treatment, seeing how my body reacted, so that's the story in a nutshell. We don't really know where to go from here, as there are no more fertility treatment options. We are, of course, disappointed but still feel like somehow something will work out for us when it is right. Thank you for everyone who sent prayers our way, we honestly could feel your support and really appreciate them!

5 comments:

Lacey Geddes said...

Melissa-
Just wanted you to know that you guys are in our prayers and we hope some time in the near future you are able to have a little one added to your family. I'm so sorry it has been such a rough road...I don't think I realized how hard it was for you guys till just recently. You are more than welcome to come play with Max any time you want:)! We are excited to see you guys one more time before you move away to that amazing state, Hawaii. And man, enjoy the times you and Same have together because it's never the same once you have a kid! :)See you tomorrow!

mmm... said...

Hey Melissa, I am so sorry about everything. We will continue to pray for you guys. Hopefully Hawaii's rainbows will over you some better luck. We love you!

Brandi Schall said...

I'm so sorry for your struggles. It makes me so sad/mad because you two will be the best parents--it's not fair to make you struggle and wait. We'll continue to pray for you and support you. We'd love to get together with you guys, too. We aren't so far away. You should come have dinner and cookies with us one of these nights. Email or call us.

Unknown said...

Melissa we will keep praying for you to have a miracle. Maybe it will happen in Hawaii.

Jenna Burningham, OTR/L said...

Melissa,
I can't imagine, what you are going through. The constant reminders and ache in your heart must be almost unbearable sometimes. The thing that breaks my heart the most is that you will be the most fun, engaged mom ever. Maybe its taking a little longer because you would make the rest of us moms look like boring slackers. Praying for you and missing you!

Jenna

 

Copyright (c) 2009 Sam and Melissa. All rights reserved. Design by NodeThirtyThree + Free CSS Templates. Bloggerized by Free Blogger Template.