February 2, 2010

Sorry to disapoint you, but...

The last picture was taken 3 years ago, in Maui, on our Honeymoon. Our new place looks nothing like that, it is a small one bedroom basement :( But wouldn't it be nice if that was our real house! It was just the only photo I had on hand of Sam, the birthday boy. Anywasy, here's what's going on since the move:
  • Sam is loving his new job. Looks like it will work out quite nicely.
  • I am jobless. And going crazy. I figured I would substitute teach while I looked for a real job, and guess what? They are not accepting application for subs, because they have too many CERTIFIED TEACHERS that want to sub for under 8 bucks an hour. I am a little bitter.
  • We went to a family ward. In our married student ward, church was FUN. Fulfilling, but also FUN. Family ward- nice, but not quite so fun. I need to get used to old people again. It is hard for me to pretend like their jokes are funny.
  • We live right next to the greatest mall ever but I feel to guilty shopping, seeing as I am not working.
I didn't think a move only an hour a half a way would be a big deal, but being friendless and jobless has got me discouraged... I'll update soon as things are sure to get better :)

4 comments:

larainydays said...

Awww Melissa, moving stinks. I hope you get a job and find some friends soon. Call Cody and Breaelle or Max.

chelsea mckell said...

somebody call the waaahhhhhambulance for Melissa!
:)
kidding. That does bite. Maybe go volunteer somewhere? Or just move to Cedar! Guaranteed fun here! :)

mmm... said...

oh so sad that's not your house. i'm sure your's is nice though. and that's great sam is loving his job. if it's any consulation, i totally understand everything else. and trust me, you get use to it, and eventually like it. strange, unbelievable (right now) and everything else in between, but it does happen. maybe you should consider working towards certifying in utah, since you'll most likely be there for a few more years, and volunteering is a great idea. also, i am the worst at making friends, but lucky for you, you're really good at it, so it won't be long. just keep smiling even though things suck right now, and before you know it you'll love life in provo! oh also, you have that new piano, definitely just start practicing that, and playing catch up on everything you've been wanting to do. sometimes i write a list of everything i would do if i had time, and lucky for you, you currently have time, so start knocking everything off your list, and pretty soon, you will not have time. :) okay. so that was like a dear abby answer. but i do feel for you. and with all your time, just call and we can chat sometime. :)

Cynthia said...

Hi - love your living quarters - reminds me of my first one room when I moved to Houston - you won't be there for long - enjoy all the surroundings - glad Sam is pleased with his job - good luck in your quest. Emma is recouping from a tonsillectomy and Alec celebrated his 5th on the 28th. All is good here. Love, Cynthia

 

Copyright (c) 2009 Sam and Melissa. All rights reserved. Design by NodeThirtyThree + Free CSS Templates. Bloggerized by Free Blogger Template.