August 9, 2009

our new place.

So this is home for a while. We love it. We have a real backyard with a garden, and we live in a real neighborhood. We have a church across the street, rather than a bar. We have 2 next door neighbors, rather than a quick cash place and a Wendy's. We made quite the upgrade.
My favorite part of the house- the kitchen that is open to the family room. So nice to be able to talk to people while I slave around in the kitchen. Sandwiches take a lot of time to make, you know. Oh, and if you will notice the pink and green cups. When we first got married we bought these plastic cups, and two and a half years later Sam has yet to drink out of a pink "girl cup. He refuses. And he gets ticked if I drink out of his green "boy" cups.
I am quite the decorator, I know.
Our computer room/Sam's stuff.
It will be very nice to not have the bathroom door open up to the kitchen. Very nice. I don't think I need to share stories.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice upgrade. love the kitchen. okay. wait. are you telling me, melissa bates lived in an apartment (for an extended period of time) in an apartment, where the bathroom (yes, the bathroom) opened to the kitchen? haha. i'm sure that was one of the biggest challenges of your life! haha. well, love the new home! enjoy! :)

R A C H A E L said...

HOORAY!!!! NEW BIG HOUSE!!!

Unknown said...

Melissa I love your new house - especially the kitchen. And the neighborhood sounds better - trading a church for the bar. But wasn't it handy to have the Quick Cash and the Wendy's so close? haha - I can't wait to visit.

David and Melissa said...

Do you have your cabinets up yet in the bathroom? Hopefully we can hang out soon before Sam goes back to school!

chelsea mckell said...

hmmm... I thought the old place was quite cozy, actually. And the journey from the kitchen all the way around into the adjoining room for the kitchen table was awesome. But... if this place makes ya happier, whatever.
:)
I know whatcha mean about having the kitchen open to the family/living room - that was a MUST when we were looking for a place!

 

Copyright (c) 2009 Sam and Melissa. All rights reserved. Design by NodeThirtyThree + Free CSS Templates. Bloggerized by Free Blogger Template.