April 15, 2009

Our Easter looked like this...

Notice the empty white dishes? I introduce you to a little piece of heaven.... the pizookie. Maybe you've had it before, and enormous chocolate chip cookie baked in a deep dish, eaten right out of the oven, slightly undercooked, with ice cream on top. I found the perfect dishes to make them in and we are hooked. So we colored Easter eggs while eating pizookies. I baked my first ham, it was sooo good thanks to Brooke's coca cola recipe. I don't really like ham but Sam loves it, and has been wanting it for about 2 years, so I figured it was a good time to try. So we went to the grocery store the night before, and the only hams left were ENORMOUS. We went for it buying this freakin' 12 pound ham. But it turned out great and we now have a freezer full of pig. The best part about Easter, however, was remembering Christ, our Savior, and all that he did for us. It just makes me want to try a little harder to be a little better.

4 comments:

chelsea mckell said...

You're hilarious - loved this post. Never heard of the pizookie - but I like the idea of eating something straight from the oven simply because that means less dishes!
Brian and I and ham have the exact same relationship. Though you're nicer than I am - I rarely go through the hassle of making something I don't plan to eat. But I wonder if your cocacola recipe would work with CHICKEN

Brittany said...

cute melis, you are a professional at making easter eggs! haha

mmm... said...

hey melissa, so for some reason i cannot find your email anywhere! i thought your wrote me on matthewsmm3@gmail but can't find it, so i was curious if you could send me your email again. we've got to talk. i'm coming to town (not for awhile yet), but we gotta make some plans. so write me. :)

Brooke said...

Can I come live at your house? You always are making yummy things and going and doing such fun things!!

Can't wait to see you soon!!

 

Copyright (c) 2009 Sam and Melissa. All rights reserved. Design by NodeThirtyThree + Free CSS Templates. Bloggerized by Free Blogger Template.