April 1, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mom!

My mom is the nicest person I have ever met. I don't think she ever thinks about herself, everything she does is for someone else. I couldn't ask for a better mom. Even though I have lived away from home for over 7 years, I still get homesick and I blame that on my mom pampering me way too much. When I come home to visit she lets me pick the menu and spoils me the entire trip.
Growing up my mom was so involved in everything I did. She was at every race cheering me on, and more importantly she was waking up at 5am or staying up until 11pm to ride her bike next to me while I ran, making sure I was safe. I loved those runs. We would talk in between gasps and laugh at her many near crashes. I don't know how she made it down some of those trails dodging rocks on her bike. I had seminary at 6am and my mom was up before I was making the nicest breakfasts for me and Ashley. When I came home late on weekends, regardless of the time, she was up waiting to talk and with a dessert ready to talk over. During high school my mom made lunch for about 20 of my friends once a week, which always included her famous cream cheese brownies. For a while my friends and I had a major prank war going on and mom mom had the idea to load up our truck with manour and unload it on a friend's driveway. So she was up until midnight with us loading horsepoop and unloading horsepoop. We ended up getting caught and rolled in it and she just laughed.
I love you Mom! Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

mmm... said...

i remember when you'd always tell us how nice your mom was. i loved her when i met her. she really seems like such an amazing woman. it's neat to hear about people like her. makes me want to be more like that! :) that's so cool she rode her bike while you ran! well anyways, i think you will be an awesome mom melissa, so your kids will be just as lucky! BTW i love the photo. you all look just like her!

larainydays said...

I loved all the comments about your amazing Mom, Melissa. Until they made me feel terrible that she is so much nicer than me. So, thanks a lot.

chelsea mckell said...

awesome tribute! I bet that made her happy. I ditto all of Melanie's comments.

Ok - so where are you at in training?? We have like 6 weeks left! I had a 2 week setback with a yucky stomach flu. But I plan on doing a 9 mile run tomorrow, then 10 one day next week. Up til now, my longest is 8.5 I'd like to get at least one 12 miler in before the half. I actually haven't even registered yet! It's the same fee up til race day, I think, so I'll just wait til the week before (in case some tragic injury occurs - I'm so optimistic, I know :) Brian and I will probably find a motel to stay in on Friday night in Ogden, or just stay at my Grandma's in Bountiful and drive up in the early morn. What kind of pace are you at?? I'm hoping we're about the same! If not... whoever is in better shape (likely you - I'm kinda slow) will get to lead the conversation for the 13.1 miles!

Rich and Nicole said...

I agree with everything you said about her! I will never forget everything she did for us too! The meals once a week in high school was amazing, and everytime school dances came around she was just amazing! we are lucky to have moms like ours!

 

Copyright (c) 2009 Sam and Melissa. All rights reserved. Design by NodeThirtyThree + Free CSS Templates. Bloggerized by Free Blogger Template.