September 29, 2009

the feast.

So last week, Sam was studying all night, every night, and I was trying to think of a way to make our Friday night fun, even though I knew he would be studying the whole time. So I told him I was going to cook a feast for us. Yes, a feast. I was kind of picturing the scene in Harry Potter where the students come back to Hogwarts and have that huge dinner where different dishes magically keep appearing in front of them. So I rushed home from work, and cooked and cooked and cooked for a good 2 hours. We finally ate at 9pm. The problem is, when I took a picture of our "feast" I realized it just looked like a normal dinner. The kind my mom made every single day of the week. Quite the reality check. So it's back to the quesadillas for us, normal dinners are way too much work!

4 comments:

larainydays said...

It looks like a feast to me, minus the floating candles. I'm impressed Melissa, but your Mom is a hard act to follow.

Brooke said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I want to eat that right now!! It all looks sooo good! E-mail me the roll recipe, please!

Brittany said...

mmmm, this is torture to a starving college student!! I wish I knew how to cook something besides noodles...

chelsea mckell said...

If your mom is better than this, she needs to be a celebrity chef... cuz this looks like something straight out of a magazine!

 

Copyright (c) 2009 Sam and Melissa. All rights reserved. Design by NodeThirtyThree + Free CSS Templates. Bloggerized by Free Blogger Template.