November 4, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Our Halloween was so much fun! As soon as I got off of work we went to Cafe Rio and then walked around the mall for a couple of minutes. Tons of people trick or treat at the mall here- kinda weird but it's fun to see so many costumes in one place. Then we went over to Lacey and Todd's to carve pumpkins and eat tons of junk food. We were supposed to watch a scary movie but we just talk to much and before we knew it it was late.
Saturday we had our Ward's Halloween Stomp- a costume dance. We had no idea what to be and Saver's was completely picked over but we managed to find Sam an old mechanic's shirt so he wore that, and covered himself in black paint to look like grease. I was a substitute teacher with a paper airplane stuck in my hair, a "kick me" sign on my bad, etc. Very homemade and very easy!
The best part of the dance was the DANCE OFF! I pushed Sam and and he ended up winning the thing with his killer break dance moves! I tried to get a picture but you can't tell that he's even dancing.

7 comments:

Brooke said...

Nice Sam! I am impressed!

chelsea mckell said...

MELISSA!
Oh. My. Gosh.
I AM SO HAPPY TO GET BACK IN TOUCH WITH YOU!
Seriously - not kidding - I just got off the phone with Coach K like an hour ago, and I told him I was sad because I have been keeping in touch with everyone except for melissa. I told him you fell off the planet and I couldn't find you. He said he would tell your sister to tell you to email me. AND - Cori and I have been emailing back and forth (she's married and pregnant), and we both have been like "what happened to melissa?!" AND Melanie and I have talked about that too! (she has two adorable kiddos and is living is AZ - Larry is a photographer). anyways.... life is good! We live in Vernal during the weekdays and Provo on the weekends (long story). Brianna is 9 months old and the center of my universe - I absolutely adore every inch of her babyness. she's a handful though - 24/7. I still run a little... I do a lot of local 5K races. But I'm not very fast anymore. Just enjoying being a jogger. Brian's job is going well - he manages an Enterprise-Rent-A-Car branch out here in Vernal. We'll hopefully get transferred back to Provo soon so we can live in our home there fulltime. We just rent a place out here.
Anyways - more importantly - I wanna hear more about what YOU'VE been up to! Seriously, I don't know anything. Is this the first time we've even talked (written) since I left hawaii?!?! I heard you had a missionary - is that now your husband? (who, by the way, is a hottie - good job!)
I totally just devoured your blog - I love the pics. You look totally gorgeous - I've never seen you with long hair.
ohwow - this is really long. sorry! I don't have your email address. Mine is chelseamckell@gmail.com You can write there, or my blog, or my phone is 801-358-1530. It would be fun to catchup!
THANKYOU for finding me!

Brian and Jessica said...

Hey Mel!! Finally you start a blog!! I look at Brooke's and your Mom's, I was wondering how long it would take you! :) You guys look good! So ya, we're in UT crazy! We're loving it so far! We need to get together sometime up here.. We want to come up and go take the kids to the temple lights.. So maybe then! We're also going to be home for Thanksgiving and Christmas so if your there lets get together!! I'm excited to keep up with you!!

ashley said...

wow, that ant costume is cool!

Brittany said...

hey melis! I can't believe you finally got a blog! It will be cool to see pictures of what you've been doing!

Rich and Nicole said...

hi Meliska! I'm so glad you found me and that you fnially have one! its been forever since I have blogged but thats cause my computer crashed! I am going to ry and be better cause hopefully we are getting a laptop soon!
I miss ya! I didn't know your new last name until now....

R A C H A E L said...

YOU HAVE A BLOG! WOOO HOOO!! Hey cuz! Great costumes! I wish I could see Sam's sweet dance moves...

SO good find your blog!

 

Copyright (c) 2009 Sam and Melissa. All rights reserved. Design by NodeThirtyThree + Free CSS Templates. Bloggerized by Free Blogger Template.